- This event has passed.
Leveraging the SBA 8(a) Program with B2G VICTORY
February 16 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm UTC-6
8(a) Certification is one of the most powerful certifications a small business can earn.
The SBA 8(a) program helps socio-economic small businesses become more competitive and GROW via contracts with the Federal Government, including access to special set-aside and sole-source contracts. You will learn from SBA experts and local businesses currently in the 8(a) program.
Session Hosts: Julie Irvin Hartman, MBA and Susan M. Repka, B2G Victory
Moderator: Tim Jeffcoat, Deputy Director, U.S. Small Business Administration, Houston District Office
8(a) certified guests include:
* Rebecca Boenigk, Neutral Posture
* Spurgeon Robinson, MPACT Strategic Consulting
* Dr. Srini Neralla, SIA Solutions [8(a) program graduate]
1. What is the one thing you can advise NOT doing as an 8(a) certified business?
2. Where do you think you would be today if you had not received 8(a) certification?
3. How did you prepare for completing an 8(a) application?
4. Is there an aspect to 8(a) that helped you the most?
5. What mistake(s) did you make when applying for 8(a)?